Monday, August 9, 2010

More Buzzzzzzz

"Bumblebee John" on easel in studio 6"x4" Oil on Canvas
Copyright 2010 Dena Tollefson
by Dena Tollefson
http://www.denatollefson.com/

My mother loved the little bumblebee from my easel shown on my July 24 2010 post - she named it Bumblebee Edgar after my grandfather, Edgar Gnewuch. I am giving it to her and my father as a gift- made a few others and continued them past the underpainting stage over to the final daubism stage. The thick oil paint will need to dry for at least 4 weeks before these bees can be signed, framed and sold. I am excited as people are wanting them off the easel. Am having to fight the temptation to frame them early- don't want to have the paint adhere to the frame if they are not sufficiently dry.  Shown here is Bumblebee John from the new Bumblebee series. I like how each little guy has his own personality.

No comments:

Post a Comment