Sunday, May 16, 2010

Inspired by a Teacher

by Dena Tollefson
http://www.denatollefson.com/

I dropped off 27 paintings on Saturday to the Lowe Center for the Arts in preparation for an opening on June 3rd... There was a wonderful woman there working on a grant who was very helpful. When I heard her name, I wondered if it could be the same person who was such a positive influence on me as a child- I was delighted to find out this was Mrs Renfer, my beloved 5th grade art teacher!  (Mind you, I am now 44 years old- this was a long time ago). Mrs Renfer is an appointed member of the Marion Arts Council and volunteers at the Lowe Center. What a neat blast from the past!

Thank you, Mrs Renfer, for the positive, creative energy you have bestowed on your students. I am grateful to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment