Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Gearing up for 2011 exhibit

by Dena Tollefson
http://www.denatollefson.com/

Took down the Tollefson/Jones/Monska exhibit at the Lowe Center this Saturday to make way for Bill Kettlekamp and Larry Zirbel's exhibit which runs July 19- Sept 10th. I fought the temptation to look at Larry and Bill's work as it was being installed- want to be surprised and see it all put together and in its full glory for the first time when I go to see their opening reception. The little peek I had was great- they will have a wonderful show. Can't wait to see it fully lit!

 I am excited as Paul told me that Abby, Paul and I are slated to exhibit for the Marion Arts Council again next year- the challenge will be to come up with a new body of work over the next 10 months.! I had only one of my Daubism pieces (a small watermelon painting), at the 2010 show, the other 26 pieces were my abstracts and pieces from my Corn Series. I plan to bring all Daubism for the exhibit next year for 2011, so I had better get painting!.  Am also pleased that Paul's painting "Alliant Energy" and  my painting "Addonis" will be part of the Marion Arts Council's permanent collection.


"Addonis" 24"x30" Oil on Canvas  Copyright 2010 Dena Tollefson
Marion Arts Council Permanent Collection 

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous22 July, 2010

    Right on Dena! Congrats on the permanent collection status and next years show. You are really burning it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Mary!! It means a lot to me as my hometown is Marion.

    ReplyDelete