Saturday, July 24, 2010

New Buzzzzz

by Dena Tollefson
http://www.denatollefson.com/

Last month I was at Catiri's in Amana doing a painting demo and a customer from Texas asked if I had any bumblebee paintings. I told him I have never painted a bee, instead he ended up purchasing one of my Ladybug paintings that day.

But what a great idea! So thank you to the Texas customer- a new series is born- the Bumblebee Series. Here is the underpainting of the first little guy, waiting to be turned into a Divisionism (Pointillism) painting. Next time he comes to Catiri's, I hope to have several bees ready for him to choose from.
Underpainting for first painting of new Bumblebee Series
6"x4" acrylic on canvas copyright 2010 Dena Tollefson

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous24 July, 2010

    Did you get his name? I'm sure he would be interested as soon as this little guy is done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary- I don't have the customer's name, but I know Catiri's will have it on their computer system- will ask them to contact him once this little guy is finished and dry. If I remember correctly, the ladybug painting of mine he purchased had this same Phthalo blue used in the background- so it would be very compatible if hung together as a grouping.

    ReplyDelete